Friday, November 27, 2009

Our 2nd Thanksgiving

It always seems sad to not be with family during important holidays, and family is always on our mind during those holidays. However, Thanksgiving has become a nice holiday that Jon and I can create some of our own traditions. I also consider it good practice for when we can get together with family, hopefully in the future.

I spent more time thinking of aesthetics this year... remember last year? I think we did a little better this time around...




I don't think Jon wanted to take this picture, I think he was anxious to EAT!


After we ate less than half the food we made (Thanksgiving doesn't offer a lot of items appropriate for only 2 people), but were stuffed, we put up Christmas lights! They look so great in our homey little place, I love them.



We made some happy memories yesterday. Including making a big pile of blankets and pillows, watching a movie and drinking cider. So while we can't wait for Christmas, this sure was a good little tradition for the two of us.

4 comments:

T-Ray said...

great job! It all looks so cute!

Jessica said...

Your dinner looks too pretty to eat!

Matt and Melanie said...

Um.. hello? YOu have family 20 miles away. You should have come to our Thanksgiving! We had tacos, yum!

Shelly said...

Your house is so cute! I love it.