Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pic to come

I've been waiting for my friend to post some pictures from our Regina Spektor concert, but unfortunately they haven't had the time.

I know its been a while, so I thought I would at least post an update. The concert itself was a-ma-zing. Regina played the piano and sang, played the keyboard and sang, played the guitar and sang, sang a capella, played the piano WHILE hitting a chair with a stick while singing! It was an incredible show. Unfortunately, with general admission, you have some moments of people pushing you around, or standing right in front of you. But considering that we came fairly late, I was happy with our experience.

That night we stayed in Salt Lake City so we wouldn't have to drive home after, and could enjoy some time together. It was just what we needed- on Saturday morning we had a delicious breakfast at the hotel, wandered around the gateway, and got hot chocolate. Perfect.

This week has been relatively slow. I've been able to work a lot on my graduate school applications and am soon going to be asking my professors for letters of recommendation. I am excited, but nervous, and hoping all of this is worth my time. I really am not sure that I will get into any of the 3 schools I am applying to. But Jon and I are taking a "if its meant to be, it will" approach.

This was also Jon and my first week of our new eating and exercise regiment. Since I've finished the half marathon I needed some new goals to keep me active, so Jon and I have been working hard.

We only have THREE more weeks of classes, and then finals! This semester has gone by so quickly, but it has been very good. Jon and I have two classes together, one of which seems a little suspicious in how it grades us:

Rachel's Grades
Total
393 400
Resume
Oct 1, 2009 9:50 AM 95% 100
IRB Proposal
Category
Oct 13, 2009 12:02 PM 98% 100
Prospectus

Nov 9, 2009 11:29 AM 100% 200

Jon's Grades
Total
393 400
Resume
Oct 1, 2009 9:48 AM 95% 100
IRB Proposal

Oct 13, 2009 12:02 PM 98% 100
Prospectus

Nov 9, 2009 11:28 AM 100% 200

Hmmmm, suspicious? Its ok with us though, the teacher apparently likes our work! (To be fair, the second project was a group project that we worked on together.)

This morning we woke up to the first snowfall of the season, it was lovely. We are thinking that this Christmas we will get some lights, and a little tree for our apartment. We are looking forward to the upcoming season.

As one last note, please look at this adorable picture from when my family came to Utah, I love it:

1 comment:

heshaojie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.