Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mint Chocolate Fudge

(Disclaimer: Jon and I eat healthy 99% of the time. But those meals and dishes are not featured on this blog... because they're boring. I often feel like I only post about the sweets we make. So, mothers, do not worry, we get our fruits and veggies, I promise!)

Jon and I have been long time fans of making candy. Candy is sometimes a better thing to make than cookies or cakes, because they're so easy to give away and you don't eat as much because they're so rich. We have created some of our own recipes for sweets and treats we like. We changed up a normal fudge recipe last night to create some delicious results, so I thought I would share.

Fantasy MINT-chocolate Fudge
3/4 Cup butter or margarine
3 Cups sugar
1 5 oz. can or 2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup mint chips
1 7 oz. jar jet puffed marshmallow creme
1 tsp. vanilla
(nuts optional, we don't like nuts)

Mix butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a heavy/large saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil on medium heat, stir constantly. Continue boiling for 5 minutes over medium heat, stir constantly to prevent scorching.



Remove from heat. Stir in chips until melted. Add remaining ingredients, mix well. Pour into buttered 8x8" pan (or 9x9" depending on desired thickness)

TIP: do not scrape the sides of the saucepan when you pour in the fudge- you don't want the crystallized parts to mix in with the creamy fudge!

Cool at room temp (about 4 hours), then cut into squares. Enjoy!

Like I said earlier, candy is the best sweet to share. You don't need a lot of it to make someones day sweeter. I quickly put these together for the girls I visit teach at church:



Love, your chocolatiers, Jon and Rachel

[picture from after the Regina Spektor concert]

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hmmm that sounds good! You go girl!

T-Ray said...

YUM!!!

Nicholette said...

I'm SO going to make some!

jamie hixon said...

Um, when can you move to Arizona and become my best friend so that I can get in on this action??

Yum.

heshaojie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.