Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Half Marathon

First of all, I HUGE thank you to whoever left me this note and some focus-food last week! It was soo nice and thoughtful, and I seriously don't know who did it. It really helped keep my spirits up.



So, the halloween half marathon was this past weekend, and so much fun! The girls and I decided to dress up as where's waldo, which meant that we had easy costumes to run in. And it was super appropriate for the large crowd we were in.



Jon was my biggest fan and huge supporter! He was such a sweetie, he helped doctor all my blisters, got my chocolate milk, and let me do whatever I wanted the rest of the day. It made the run totally worth it.



Overall there are some things that I would have done differently if I had known, but I am so happy I finished and can say that I completed a half marathon. My finishing time was 2 hours 33 minutes. Slower than usual, but an accomplishment nonetheless. At this point, I am not sure I will ever want to run again :)

While I rested up, Jon enjoyed playing with the tattoos we got in our halloween package. This was my personal favorite:



Last week was insane, and this week is also pretty demanding. But luckily we have some fun plans this weekend to look forward to. More information to come later!

4 comments:

Brandon and Bethany said...

Awww! I wish you were closer. I miss you :-(

Life looks wonderful for you guys!

jamie hixon said...

LOVE the costume, what a great idea! You guys are too cute. I'm so glad your hubby treats you so nice.

T-Ray said...

You make a super cute Waldo! You guys are such a cute couple

heshaojie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.