Monday, August 3, 2009

Sweet Things

Joy Van Wickle makes the best care packages I have ever received. Trader Joe goodies, delightful and random toys, and nice notes to keep our spirits up. Jon and I are like little kids when we get these boxes full of goodness. Just check out our last package:



Amazing! Thank you so much mom! Your packages are seriously the B-E-S-T. It always makes the rest of the semester or term seem do-able.

Last night I decided to try a new recipe I had been looking at. Chocolate lava cakes...

Out of the oven:


Ready to eat with REAL whipped cream:


They were a hit. So yummy and really easy.
You can find the recipe here.

We had a very sweet weekend.

Only 2 more weeks left of the term! This is our last full week of classes, and finals are next week. We are gearing up for our vacation and finalizing our plans. Things are looking good, and we are enjoying the ride.

3 comments:

T-Ray said...

AHHH!!! Brent and I LOVE making Lava cakes! They are the best. It is the only reason why we bought Ramekins! Awesome!

jlgtate said...

Hello cuties. Love the lava cakes and goodie baskets and you.

Brit Taufer said...

Rachel! You are seriously so domestic!! I really think you are the only hope for the recreation of that dulce de leche cake with hazlenut sauce! If I do end up trying to make it I am undoubtedly bringing you some to try! Good luck on your geology final - your blog is ADORABLE!!!