Sunday, June 27, 2010

Home.

This week has flown by. I haven't even had time to see what all of my other blog friends are up to! So this post will be short, sweet and to the point.

After the lovely wedding, we packed up, got some sleep, and then and made the drive to California in one day. It was long but so worth it to be back so quickly.

This week has involved the following:
sunburns
car washing
job searching
reading... and lots of it
visiting with family
sleeping
sleeping in
napping
sunburns
walks on the beach
exercising
ward social
baseball
good food
yummy produce
Trader Joe's
and lotion... for our sunburns

We had a lovely open house last night for James and Jessica. It was so nice to see everyone from the ward- there is such a great feeling of unity here. It was nice to have James and Jessica around as well... it doesn't really feel like we've left them.

We are looking forward to the upcoming week. Believe it or not Jon has already gotten an interview! After only two or three days of looking. We are both a little stunned, I think we were expecting a longer summer. But the position is somewhat far from Loma Linda, and is with a marketing firm. It looks like an excellent first-time job, but we would have a lot to consider if Jon is offered the position. We plan on taking some time to see if this is really right for Jon.

However this opportunity takes to Orange County. For such a long drive we decided we better do something fun. We will be visiting some family, probably catching dinner and a movie, and the next day we are going to go to Universal Studios! Jon went a lot when he was younger but I've never been so I am totally excited!

I feel like I am totally out of touch with blogging since I have been in a whirlwind of summer- there is no routine for us right now, but that is ok, we are loving it! I will do my best to take pictures this week and keep everyone posted on what comes next for us.

3 comments:

T-Ray said...

Sounds like a blast. I love Santa Barbara. Glad you had a good time.

doublejtate said...

I'm so jealous that you guys are living in Santa Barbara for the time being. It was fun seeing you. We are going to miss you and Jon sooo much. I already miss you guys!

Shelly said...

Rachel! I am glad that you are doing so well, but we miss you here in the LIB! Good luck with everything!