Sunday, June 13, 2010

There are so many positive changes occuring for the Tate family in the next week. I am excited for all of it, and I am thrilled that I will be seeing my entire family this upcoming weekend!

But first... this past week.

Things are finally wrapping up for me, I am completely finished with my floral design class and I finished my final project in my sewing class. And guess what? I actually LIKE my final project. When I get it back I will post a picture. I think the entire point of that sewing class was to get me to the point where I make something that is actually wearable.

Jon took a test, did more labs, studied. He has three tests in this upcomming week. Heaven help him. THREE. One tomorrow, and two finals on Wednesday and Thursday. I packed up the refrigerator and cupboard with lots of brain food in the hopes that he can power through this week. I know he can do it, but everyday he talks about how he cannot see the end in sight. I know the feeling- its like you can't fathom how it will all get done, it seems impossible. But I know it will, and this week will hopefully speed by for him.

This weekend we had my two cousins, Nathan and Robbie over. We are similar in age and they both got back from missions a few months ago. They are taking spring classes as well, so we decided to have a cousin party to get a break from studying. It was so much fun to catch up with them. We had pizza and soda, played the wii and of course played a Tate card game. I am usually not a fan of card games (especially when you play with super competitive and super GOOD Tate's) but we played Nertz and I really enjoyed it.



I have no idea when my cousins got so TALL. It was great to see them, and it was fun to catch up.

Today my good friend Natalie and her husband Mark came over for lunch before heading back to Rexburg, Idaho. It was so nice to see them as well and see how life is going in the "real world" with jobs and such. They are such great friends and are often in similar stages of life as Jon and I so I love when we can get togther.

So overall this weekend was a success. Lots of hard work and lots of fun play time. Jon is already in bed so he can wake up at 4:30 to study.
Recently I found one of my old story books I had as a kid, so we have been reading them at night, it has been a total blast to remember these stories and read in bed. It feels nice to share a piece of my childhood with Jon. Tonight we read Aladdin, but in this version there are magic rings, lamps, magicians and it is set in Asia. Funny how the stories are different from Disney.

I am looking forward to the week ahead.

Monday: Last day of classes (I have my practical final in sewing and Jon takes a test)
Tuesday: Reading Day, no class. Mom and dad help Grandma and Grandpa move to Salt Lake.
Wednesday: Finals! I will take mine, Jon will take his lab final
Thursday: Jon takes his last final. My parents are in town. We move our furniture to James and Jessica's place.
Friday: Girls day with the family and rehersal dinner!
Saurday: Wedding!! I am so excited!

Our living room is currently filled with boxes, we are getting ready to sell some things on craigslist, and we are totally ready for this new chapter in our lives.

4 comments:

T-Ray said...

Wow! Always so much excitement going on with you guys! I am also excited for James and Jessica to get married. They are a great couple. I will see you at the reception! :o)

Brandon and Bethany said...

YAY! It all sounds really fun :-) Brandon's starting finals week here too. All most done! Have fun @ the wedding.. I'm a little jealous.

PS: Nathan got all ginormous between the time I moved out and the time I got married.... it's bizarre.

Carissa May said...

Wow, you guys are awesome. Good luck with finals, especially for your husband. Sounds intense!

jamie hixon said...

Can't wait for the picture of the project you actually like! Sounds like another busy and awesome week for you guys.