Sunday, June 20, 2010

James and Jessica, Father's Day, and more!

Wow, what an excellent weekend! There were so many fantastic things happening all at once. I am glad that I have some time to count my blessings tonight and write out a few things I would like to remember about this time in our lives.

First of all, happy Father's day! To all dads out there, but most importantly to the two Richard's in our crew. Jon and I are so lucky to have such loving and involved fathers- they truly are an example of fatherly love. I am glad to know both of them.

Also, I promised a picture of my final project in my sewing class. Here is my skirt- you can't really tell but it is a little big in the waist, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.


Of course Jon and I are sooo happy to be done with school! But we didn't even have time to think about it because the wedding festivities started right away...

First, on Friday we had a "Mormon bachelorette party," as Melanie so tastefully named it. We went and got manicures and pedicures, and went out to lunch with all the girls.

Amy, Lisa, Jessica and I.


We even convinced my mom to get a pedicure!


That evening we had the rehearsal dinner. James sang the sweetest song to Jessica and played the Ukulele. It was very sweet. Jessica, James and some family members shared some sweet messages. The dinner was yummy, the weather was nice and the company was great!



On Saturday we went to the wedding, which was beautiful and simple. It was touching to have such an intimate setting and remember what true love is all about. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the event itself. But Jon and I were in the wedding party, which was so much fun!



After the wedding we had a family trip to subway- in all our fancy clothes. It was funny, and really tasty. From there we went to the reception which was beautifully decorated. I can't wait until Jessica's photographer puts up some pictures. The best part of the reception was that everyone danced! It truly was a party.

I was so happy to see all of my family members and to enjoy such a happy event. I am incredibly happy for James and Jessica, they are so good for each other. And I feel lucky to be part of such a loving and growing family.

Tonight we are working on packing some more things in preparation for moving during the next couple of days. On to new adventures...

4 comments:

T-Ray said...

First... I love the skirt you made! How cute!
Second... it was SO good to see you last night! You forgot to get in our group picture though! What a beautiful wedding and an awesome addition to your awesome family.

Melissa F said...

I absolutely love your skirt! It turned out great! Good luck with your big move!

RobAar said...

You're moving on! I bet that feels so good. Good luck with the move and have fun in Hawaii and graduate school! I'll be sure to keep in touch through the BLOG. Haha. Love ya,
Aarika

jamie hixon said...

For what it's worth, I love your skirt. Where did you get that fabric?