Friday, May 28, 2010

Want to see inside the temple?

I had to share this because I think it is so neat. As you may know, the LDS temple is extremely sacred to members. It is a place of serious worship and a place where you can recommit to God.

The Salt Lake City temple has opened a new exhibit in their visitors center where they have built a replica of the temple. You can see inside each of the rooms, view the details, and get a sense of the inner beauty. It is a great opportunity for those wondering about the temple, but who are not able to go inside.

See pictures of the exhibit and of the inner rooms here: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700035839/Mormon-Church-shows-inside-view-of-Salt-Lake-Temple-through-new-exhibit.html

(Click on the gallery photos to the right of the article)

I just really love this exhibit because it is the best way for me to share with others how beautiful and sacred the temple really is. The most important events of my life (being sealed to my family, sealed to Jon) and some of the most powerful spiritual experiences I have ever had have been in the temple. I hope the pictures can give others an idea of how important the temple is to me.

2 comments:

T-Ray said...

Wow, Neat! I didn't know they were doing that. What a great idea.

Katie H. said...

I just saw the exhibit on Sunday! Soooooooooooooooo cool! I don't know how they recreated all the tiny little details!! But I'm so glad they did :-).