Monday, May 17, 2010

Mid May

We are almost half way through spring term. It is flying by, and we have no problem with that. Jon is working constantly on organic chemistry homework and labs. He is also putting significant effort into studying each chapter and is attempting to stay about half a chapter ahead of the class to ensure he is learning everything correctly. He is counting down the days until this class is over. I have to admit, so am I! Jon has said he has found some joy in the class and he finds it interesting. It may not come as naturally to him as biology or physics, but he can work to comprehend it. It is probably a good lesson for future schooling- something to get used to.

My classes are moving along as well. Floral design is fun and I am enjoying the class and lab. Each week we get to make a new design- so we constantly have flowers in our home. I love it and have a new appreciation for flowers.





As for sewing, I am working hard and staying positive, but the class is quite difficult. I feel that most of the girls are ahead of me since they already have sewn quite a bit. When I don't think about the grades I am getting on things, I really enjoy sewing. I turn in my first project, pajama pants, this week. I will post pictures once I have them back. I am also working on a skirt that will be due next week.

This past weekend Jon and I helped in a ward service project, slept quite a bit, ran errands, enjoyed the good weather and caught up on our work. We are looking forward to the end of the term, James and Jessica's wedding, going back to Santa Barbara and the Hawaii cruise we will be taking with the family in July. It is nice to know there are so many good things coming our way this summer.

3 comments:

T-Ray said...

Family cruise to Hawaii? How fun is that? I'm jealous. :o)
The flowers look awesome and I totally miss my class I took after reading about your class.
Can't wait to see your sewing projects. I bet you are doing awesome. Keep up the good work.

RobAar said...

Look at your pretty designs! That's fun you are learning about flowers. I was talking about you to a co-worker of mine who is going to take the sewing class in the fall. I told her how fast pace it is as a spring class. Good luck with your projects!!

jamie hixon said...

Those are my kind of classes! (NOT Jon's classes, yours!)
I love your flowers. And I wish I had a sewing class with deadlines. Then I would get stuff done.