Thursday, October 1, 2009

Birthday Fun

First of all, thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. It is so nice to know such wonderful people, I feel like I have the best family and friends. From e-cards, facebook wishes, and ukulele videos, I appreciate it all. Even mom and dad calling me early in the morning to sing a vivacious "happy birthday" while on their walk. I wonder if they got some funny stares for doing that in public.

Now, here are some pleasant things that made me happy it was my birthday:
1. there was a thunder and lightening storm in the morning of my birthday. I am pretty sure that I told Jon, while half asleep, that God gave me a thunder storm for my birthday.
2. Season premier of House on hulu. Finally, I was so excited!
3. I found out that Craigo's pizza, from Rexburg, ID, is coming to Provo!! Yummiest pizza, super cheap, and Jon and I both love it! (They are the ones that put ranch instead of marinara on their BBQ chicken pizza, and I totally do that now)

The morning was relaxing a nice, classes and work were enjoyable. I left work early and Jon and I were happy to see my TOMS shoes had come! I loooooove them! For every pair you buy, they give one to a child in need.

We then watched House, and loved it. Relaxed, and did a little bit of shopping.

Next, we went to go buy my kitchen aid mixer with the mula $ given to me from family members! I couldn't wait! Just see my pure happiness in the pictures below!

We went to the macaroni grill for dinner (yumm) and before we left Jon gave me my earrings! They are white topaz, but they are real studs so I can finally wear earrings that wont irritate my ears. I was so excited.

Overall, the day was very relaxing and lovely. Perfect since it was in the middle of the week. Thanks again everyone for your wishes, it really was a great day!


My Toms:


Two of my favorite things:


Opening it up:


On my counter, in all of its beauty:


Making blond brownies today:


The brownies just finished! Perfect timing.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Rachel- you have a dangerous effect on me. First you got me into Rainbow sandals, and now I want some Toms! haha I'm glad you had a fun birthday.

T-Ray said...

YEA for birthdays! Glad you had a good one!