Wednesday, October 7, 2009

General Conference

General conference was this past weekend- a time when the members of the church listen to the Prophet and Apostles speak. It is a time for spiritual renewal, and is always inspirational.

I thought I would share one of my favorite sermons from conference. It is by Jeffery Holland, an apostle of the Lord. This talk was meant for members of the church, regarding the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. In a religion where reverence is carefully observed, Elder Holland's words are powerful and moving. For anyone who has ever had the slightest witness that the Book of Mormon is divine and inspired would benefit from hearing this man's words. If anything, I hope I always remember this talk, and the powerful witness I felt when I listened to it. I want to add my testimony to Elder Holland's, I know this book is the word of God and is a true testament of Jesus Christ.

To watch, put this link into your browser: http://broadcast.lds.org/genconf/2009/10/50/GC_2009_10_503_HollandJR___eng_.mp4

1 comment:

T-Ray said...

That was a great and very powerful talk. I will also add an amen.