Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quick Update

Here is the latest on Jon and I.

Jon: currently studying like mad for the MCAT but it is starting to feel like it is paying off with some good scores. Jon is going to start a phlebotomy course at the end of this month that is 4 weeks long. We are crossing our fingers this leads to a good job, with good hours and fair pay.

Rachel: trying to get back into the swing of things with school. Classes are a bit crazy as usual. I am starting all my supervision for when I actually start meeting with clients. I may be a little over-excited because I signed myself up to do a lot of things, but I really couldn't be any happier. Foster homes, grief camp, and parenting courses, in addition to therapy? Sounds good to me.

Us: We made our home look cuter yesterday. We finally got an area rug for our colorless room, some pictures on the wall and a nice clock. We also made a yummy quiche, thanks to my mom's recipe, and homemade ice cream for some friends. Jon is the best, he is such a good sport with those sorts of things.

Life is happy at the Van Wickle home. I wish you the same.

2 comments:

Melissa F said...

I can't wait to hear about what it's like to work with real clients! That sounds like fun. I'm glad life is happy in the Van Wickle home. :)

Alice said...

I found you! =) Glad you like working at the BHI, though it would have been amazing to work with you. =)