Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Years 2011

It is about time I write about Jon and my excellent New Years day adventures. New years eve was not all that exciting because Jon convinced me to go to sleep early in order to get up and get going quickly for New Years day.

Well, my birthday this present was a little bit of an IOU. Jon promised me he would take me to universal studios once our finances got in order. With Christmas and all the joy that came with it, we decided it would be alright to indulge in a little fun. I was so excited to go- Jon went quite a bit as a kid but I had never been.

This is the homemade IOU I got from Jon on my birthday- finally turning it in for use! Of course, since we got our tickets during Grinchmas we have season passes, hooray!


We went to get a bite to eat before we entered the park and ended up on the Hollywood walk of fame! This was totally unplanned but a treat for us since neither of us had been in that part of downtown Hollywood before.


We even ran into a statue of the world's tallest man, I couldn't resist a photo-op.


Once we got into the park it was all fun! There were hardly any lines that lasted more than a few minutes. The park got busier later in the day, but for the most part it was easy sailing. Jon was the best tour guide, he really knew the ins and outs of the park.


Jon's favorite part, and definitely one of the highlights for me, is the backlot tour. They have a portion now where you get to see all the cars from famous movies. I think Jon was in heaven. I even got a shot of the Delorian from Back to the Future, one of our favorites!


This is the Desperate Housewives street, Wisteria Lane. I had to take a picture of how bright Eva Longoria's house is! You can't really tell in the picture either, but it is a seriously intense shade of yellow. But of course you would never notice how bright those colors are in the show, you don't even question it. Also, all those flowers in their yards are fake. It was a trip.


Water world was an adventure, Jon was definitely excited for this part. It was kind of a cold day so we stayed clear of the splash zone.


We randomly ran into Jon's college roommate from UCSD and his girlfriend while we were there. It was nice to catch up and see them for a little bit.

The day was complete fun and I am so glad we got to go together. It was a perfect birthday present and great start to the new year. Happy 2011!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Hey Rach! I'm just getting into blogging, I'm excited to start following yours! This trip to Universal Studios looks like so much fun! Miss you!

Natalie and Mark said...

Mark & I + Rach & Jon = needing to go to Universial Studios together asap

jamie hixon said...

I haven't been there in SO long. Probably most of it would be new to me.