Monday, August 23, 2010

ReStart

I am having such mixed feelings with this upcoming move. Sometimes I am sure it could not come soon enough, other days I wonder why I was so anxious to leave. The truth is I am sad to move further away from our families, I have genuinely enjoyed having such easy access to them. At the same time- I am ready to start something new, to progress and move forward.

When I think about it I am not sure there will ever be another time that we will be so close to our families for so long (and with no little kiddos around). It has been really special to strengthen the bonds we have with our own families as well as with each others- I feel closer to the Van Wickle's than ever and I know Jon feels the same about the Tate's. I also want to note that this was the perfect summer to be at home- with Jake and Rory in-between school as well. Jon's brothers are his best friends, no one can make him laugh like they do (including me) and I totally love seeing them all together.

So, tomorrow we make sure everything is packed up, we had our goodbyes with my family tonight and we have them tomorrow night with the VW's. And then Wednesday we move on out. New start, new home, new life. I am so incredibly glad I am doing this with my best friend. He is the one that motivated me to be better in the first place and I know I can do anything with him by my side.

Pictures and new adventures to come...

4 comments:

T-Ray said...

Moving is hard. At least it is for me. You get so comfortable with the way things are, and then its all new and you have to start all over which can start off uncomfortable. BUT you are lucky you ALWAYS get your best friend with you and its great to get out of your comfort zone and welcome new adventures which make you an even more awesome person. Good luck! It will be great.

Courtney said...

I'm so excited for your new adventures! What an exciting time for you guys! And being married is great, isn't it? It's like you can do anything as long as you have your husband by your side. :)

Melissa F said...

Good luck!! I hope everything works out for you and that you love grad school. :) I'm excited to see what your cute new home looks like.

doublejtate said...

I'm glad things are turning out we miss you guys and can't wait to hear about your upcoming adventures! Love you!