Wednesday, December 16, 2009

2 years ago, yesterday...



This is a little embarrassing, but at 11:30 last night in the shower I remembered: It's December 15th! Two years ago (yesterday) Jon asked me to marry him and I said YES!

I don't know if people are supposed to remember the day they got engaged, or celebrate it... Jon and I aren't as big on that as I know others are. With everything except our wedding date, we typically remember and say congratulations and go about our day. Nevertheless, I am happy we got engaged, despite how much we had talked about it I remember being so incredibly nervous. I could tell Jon was as well. I often tell people that saying yes was the best decision I ever made- and I mean it.

We sure are lucky to have each other. Last night, after I remembered I crawled into bed and whispered to Jon that it was our engagement anniversary. He said something like "oh that's nice," and really- that was enough for me. Supporting each other during finals, secretly buying Christmas presents for the other, working out together- all of those things were enough of an anniversary celebration for me.

Love you, Jon.

3 comments:

T-Ray said...

You guys are very lucky to have each other. I realize that more than ever now that I came close and it didn't happen. Love is a wonderful thing and you guys are a wonderful couple. And I really adore your engagement and wedding photos. Really.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.