Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hiking Rock Canyon

On Saturday Jon and I took a break from studying and hiked Rock Canyon. It is beautiful here in Utah during the summer. The evenings are the warmest time of day, so this was around sunset:

This is a natural spring / drinking fountain. It is the most delicious and coldest water ever! The heat and the hike might make it seem even better, but seriously, it is so refreshing:

This week will be a crazy one for me. I have all of my normal course-work and studying, volunteering and work, AND a presentation and a mid-term. But get this: Only 4 more weeks! Amazing! These will be the last grades that will be sent to grad school, for me, so I am just trying to keep up my momentum.

I would also like to let everyone know that Jon has requested that we watch Mama Mia TWICE this weekend. I think the Tate's have successfully converted Jon to musicals. He keeps singing the Abba songs, it is hilarious.

Tonight we went to the park and soaked up some rays, I got ahead on some of my studying, and now we just plan on taking it easy for the rest of the night. We talk about how great our vacation is going to be, but truth be told, life is pretty great right now.

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

Hiking as a break? You are so much cooler than I have ever been.