Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekends and Cupcakes

Jon and I had a delightful three day weekend. It was a well needed break from work and school. In the morning we went on a run up Bridal Veil Falls, it was such a beautiful drive I couldn't resist taking pictures! It was also the perfect day for a run.
Later that same day we headed to the park to try out our new Frisbee. We put out a blanket, Jon fell asleep and I read for class. It couldn't have been more perfect.
It was the best way to spend the day- outside! If we ever told you Utah was ugly or terrible we take it back! This has to be the prettiest I have ever seen it.


Today we decided to try out the Sweet Tooth Bakery in Provo, since I had seen it advertised on some of my favorite blogs. We came right before closing and they gave us a free cupcake, so I figured I should advertise them too! What beautifully constructed and yummy treats. As some of you know, Jon and I enjoy making candy together, so we are always interested in checking out bakery's and candy stores. (as well as for their deliciousness!)
Jon is about to go home teaching, and I am going to start dinner. We are already half way through spring term- can you believe it? It is definitely flying by! When it comes down to it, we don't mind not having too long of a break from school, because the job opportunities really aren't that tempting. So what do we have to loose? We are having a great time!

1 comment:

T-Ray said...

Aren't weekends awesome? I wish they lasted longer.