Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Sunday!

Please note my adorable new Blog Header. There will be many more designs to come.

Here are some random things we have been doing lately..

On Saturday morning Jon and I went to help "build houses". It was with a company called Rural Housing Development (RHD). It is a really neat organization. RHD helps build a number of homes in normal neighborhoods (not low income). It is to help low income families purchase a home- they pay for the land, and the materials, but all of the families involved help build all of the homes. (For example, the community in Payson had about 7 homes being built through RHD, all 7 families help with each of the homes). They create a sense of community, and get to know their neighbors, no one even moves in until all of the homes are finished. Volunteers, contractors, electricians, etc also help in the process. The home buyers also learn new skills through the building of the homes. As far as I can see, it is a total win-win situation.

After we got home Jon and I decided that we wanted to soak up some Vitamin D and read. I soon realized that I already got a little toasted while volunteering this morning. Oops. Don't worry, I put sunscreen on it before we got some more sun!



Today we had a great day at church. We are doing some laundry and kicking back at the time being. This morning we gave Jon a haircut. It was more difficult this time because he is trying to grow it out on top! I was so worried, but we think it turned out pretty good:

Also, last weekend we decided it was time to buy a BIKE. Jon works at 7am across campus. Normally, we walk to campus since it is so close, but Jon's group meets up by the MTC. That can be a 25-40 minute walk from our house, so he was taking the car every morning to make it on time. It was time we finally invested in a second form of transportation. Thus, our cute new little bike:


All in all, life is good here in Provo. The weather is more beautiful than ever, and Jon and I are in constant wonder of how to get more of it! Where is the beach!? Hopefully the park will do it for us, for the time being. Maybe we will need to invest in some seven peaks passes! It opens this Saturday. We have never been there, anyone know if it is worth it?
Hope you all are enjoying your Sabbath day!

1 comment:

T-Ray said...

Good job on the tan AND the haircut. I don't know how to cut hair, but I feel like I should learn. Isn't summer awesome? I love it.