Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finals Report

The Final Finals Report..
we will not know our grades until next week, but I would say we had a pretty successful finals week. Now, if it hasn't been made clear, the majority of this blog is meant for the sole purpose of bragging about Jon, for my sake and the sake of his family, who lovingly read my every word to get updates.

Living with Jon during school has been an enlightening experience. Jon is probably one of the most dedicated students I know, and I'm not just saying that because I like him. In fact, sometimes it is difficult to live with someone who won't stop to help you finish something, or eat, because they are to busy pouring their brains out over some scientific subject. Despite these things, I love that Jon is such a hard worker and studies so well. He consistently comes home with amazing test grades, and I consistently smile and think "well he did study three times as much as I did..." and then pride myself in his efforts. I also feel stress with his stress, and know what a big deal all of this is to him.

So, you can sense the overall feeling in our home regarding school work, and it has turned into a running joke. Well, during finals week, I went to an early morning scheduled final, for my most difficult class of the semester. I took 2 1/2 hours on the final, and felt that it was challenging, but I did better than usual and that it seemed easier than the other tests. I checked my grade online later that day, and to my amazement, saw a 99%. I have never, in my entire academic life, managed a grade that high. I was especially happy, because it brought my grade for a B+ to an A-, hooray! Jon and I didn't see each other until that evening. Upon getting home, I asked Jon how his tests went. "Fine" he said, with a smile. I pushed him further. One A, and then for accounting? 100%. I started laughing, and told him I didn't want to tell him my grades any more. My grade? Oh.. only a 99%. Jon and I had a good laugh, in that the one time I come out with an amazing grade, he out-does me. Though, I don't think I would have it any other way. As I experienced our first semester at BYU, sometimes beating Jon does not feel good at all. Ultimately, everything is amazingly blissful, since we both pulled off great grades. (I do have to note- this is not Jon's first 100% on a final, he also got one in Physics while at UCSD).

I hope you all can see the humor in that story, as Jon and I did.

Here is our run down (from the best that I remember)

Jon:
Bio Mechanics: 98%
Religion: 88%
Accounting: 100% (barf!)
Physiology (most difficult): 92%

Me:
Family Processes: 82%
Biology: 88%
Family Finance: 84%
Research and Inquiry: 99%
Family History: not sure yet.. but I feel pretty good about it

We celebrated the finish of finals by going out for a quick bite to eat, and then crashing and taking a long nap. Life is good.
Jon started his window-washing job on Tuesday, and has been getting used to getting up early again. We are enjoying this break, and start spring term next Tuesday. Busy busy busy. We appreciate all of your support during this crazy time. Love you all.

1 comment:

Brandon and Bethany said...

YAY! I know the feeling of being married to a study-holic. The first (and only) time I ever spent considerable time in the library was when Brandon and I were engaged. It was the only way he would spend that time with me! Silly boys.. :-D