Sunday, May 8, 2011

Anniversary, Mum's Day & New Things

So many wonderful things to write about today...

First of all, Happy 3 year Anniversary to Mr. Jon and I! It was so nice to have my parents visit us the weekend before and take us out to a nice anniversary dinner. These three years have been amazing. I think this year has given us the most outward stress in our marriage but I find it so reassuring that through it all we love each other even more.

Jon is the best decision I've ever made...




We went out to breakfast on May 2nd to celebrate, but I was gone for the rest of the day. So to really celebrate our special day we have booked a weekend trip to San Diego! I am so excited (and thankful to my parents for this gift), I am ready to have a weekend of nothing but Jon + Me + Sun.

This Sunday is such a special day, I am so thankful for my mom! And I know how thankful Jon is for his mom! We are so lucky to have such powerful, kind, nurturing and spiritual women in our lives. They are such an example to me, I hope to be like both of them some day. Love you guys... happy mother's day!





Life is moving forward at rapid speed...

-Jon should get his MCAT scores sometime this week. The anticipation is occupying our thoughts and conversations. How exciting; I am finding it fun to focus so much on what is to come for Jon.

-I am busy at school (what's new?), this week will be pretty killer. I think I have almost every hour scheduled, yikes! I am learning a lot and doing my best to appreciate this rigorous education.

-Jon got a cool new research volunteer position at Loma Linda. He is helping a charming old doctor (who resembles Einstein) in studying molecular biology in pre-natal and new infant development.

We have so many things to look forward to, I can't wait for this crazy week to get moving so Jon and I can start our anniversary trip this weekend! Woohoo.

Happy Mother's Day everyone, have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

bekah said...

You guys are such a cute couple. If I ever find someone to marry, I hope we can be cute like you guys.

doublejtate said...

So excited about your San Diego trip. Take lots of pictures!

Courtney said...

Oh happy day! How fun you're having a getaway! So excited for all the new things headed your way! :)

Melissa F said...

Happy anniversary- congrats on 3 years! And I hope you have a blast in San Diego!