Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008-2009

What a wonderful Christmas Break 2008!
Jon and I finished up finals and flew home for 12 days of Santa Barbara bliss. It was so wonderful to spend time with our families, relax, and celebrate such a wonderful holiday.

I stole Joy's pictures, so here are some of our happy memories:

Jon on Christmas morning
PJs + Christmas + family = the perfect morning

This is a picture from visiting the Roess family! It was great to meet everyone. I realize I probably met all of these lovely family members at the wedding, but it was so different to get a chance to sit down and talk and get to know them. Thank you for being so welcoming!


A beautiful sunset on the beach!

I think these guys missed each other. And I know we miss Hobbs, the cat!

Jon and I really did have the perfect break. Despite a change from air mattress, to firm (haha), and a couple scrapes from the skateboard, I don't think we could have asked for more. Our hearts are over-whelmed by the love we felt from our families. Just thinking of us on Christmas meant so much and was such a blessing! This is a major thank you to all of you!

I've been thinking recently about how much has changed in the last year. Here is a quick summary of 2008:
newly engaged
first semester at BYU
Jon took O-chem, a brutal class!
I worked at risk management and planned a wedding..
summer!
we were home for one week
then- wedding!!
amazing honeymoon to El Capitain and Cambria (thank you Aunties!!)
traveling back to Utah to move in to our 1 bedroom apartment
sleeping on the floor the first night since they couldn't deliver our bed that day
being thrilled to have purchased 1 couch
I worked, Jon job searched
we applied as property managers and prayed for the opportunity
we got the job!
1 month of training
moved in to our new place!
learned through our mistakes
moved in all of the students and tenants
fall semester
I choose my major- marriage and family studies
worked hard
new owners for Summerwood
positive changes- but I quit
work, study, love, etc.
Jon and I got church callings- sacrament meeting coordinator, primary (kids) music conductor
more work, study, and love
took FINALS
amazing Christmas break in SB!
Got great grades this semester- hooray
celebrated New Years alone and it couldn't have been better!!!
*whew* I think this also is a list of all of our blessings. I think it would be difficult for anyone to look at our newly-wed life and just tell us were "lucky". Truly, we are blessed, and we know it!
We are looking forward to the year ahead of us, and are hoping for the best.
We are not huge fans of new years resolutions, but...
-we are brushing our teeth and flossing more often, partly because we don't have dental insurance (I know this sounds like a silly one, but it can't hurt right?)
-continue doing well in our schooling and look into future endeavors, such as: chiropractic school, masters degrees
-GYM... of course, this goes along with healthier eating, who doesn't put it on their list?
Happy New Year to our friends and family!!

No comments: