Sunday, October 5, 2008

First of all, a special shout out to Grandma Joan!! I didn't even know you read our blog but I am so happy that you do. Thank you for the sweet birthday card!

Jon and I have been very busy this past week with our first exams of the semester. Between us, we had 5 exams (and we have 3 more ahead of us), and some additional big assignments. Even though it feels like a lot of studying, we have been very happy, and feeling good about our results.

My birthday was last Tuesday, thank you to family for sending lots of love and birthday wishes, it was greatly appreciated. Jon brought me home some beautiful flowers, the first flowers he has ever given me! I was so excited. Mom was in town for Grandma's surgery, so James, his girlfriend Jessica, Jon and I went to Sandy and met mom. We had a yummy dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was so nice to see family on my birthday, it made it feel like it was really special.

General Conference was this weekend, and it was as inspiring as ever. It is so neat to hear the prophet and apostle's words. You can't help but feel happy, uplifted and enlightened after hearing the simple truths of the gospel all weekend!
James and Jessica came over for this morning's session. We are lucky to have BYU TV, so we got to stay in our PJs to watch it. We made breakfast sandwiches and cinnamon-rolls (we like Elaine Mount's better!!).

Overall, we have had a busy but productive and happy week. We love being married and think that it's not hard- it's just worth it. We want our family to know that we are happy with our life together and we're trying our best to take good care of each other. We love you all! God Bless.

No comments: