Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Yesterday I had what I call a "quitting day", where I get really frustrated with work and bogged down by the people we interact with.
So today, Jon and I took the day off! We both slept in, spent the morning studying and getting ready. We then went to Golds Gym and signed up for membership. We held out.. so they took away our initiation fees, slightly lowered the monthly payments, and kept offering us things like free gym bags. We paid more than half up front, so that we don't have to worry about budgeting it in on a monthly basis.
We then came home and made some lunch, did a little more studying, and hanging out. We decided to go the gym for the first time this evening! Jon did cardio with me, and really felt the workout (as did I). I am scared to do weights with him! Then I'll be the one really feeling it!
After, we watched our new favorite show, House, and made a healthy dinner. And then.. of course.. we had to end the perfect day with the perfect treat! So we used the cold stones gift card Joy sent us (thank you!!!)
It was the perfect end to our perfect day:
Jon apparently wanted to show us the ice cream while he was enjoying it :)

Oh, and don't forget, we also got ZERO phone calls on the work phone! It was such a blessing. We feel ready to face the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Joy said...

SEPTEMBER 30 , 2008


HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!

WE LOVE YOU.

MOM, DAD, AND RORY