Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day



Happy Valentine's Day! My very favorite holiday, a day to appreciate and express the love you have for those you love! Growing up Valentine's was always a family-affair, I would always make treats for my friends and I saw the holiday as a friendly one. Saturday Jon and I made a yummy dinner, what a treat. I even have a couple surprises up my sleeve for tomorrow (shh!).

As for our last week, things have been moving along. I didn't end up seeing my first client, they cancelled. But I have been to the group homes for two weeks now. It is nerve-racking, exciting, sad, enlightening, over-whelming, chaotic and inspiring job. These kids have been through more than I can explain but they are so funny and cute. At least, most of the time. They are definitely love-able.

Jon is already half way through his phlebotomy program (woohoo!). He is taking blood every class day now and is always practicing trying to find my veins. Lucky for me I have a little more fat on my arms (ahem) so it is a bit more challenging to find veins on me rather than on him. Also, I think Jon looks really cute in his scrubs.

This week is a new week and I am looking forward to it. Have a fantastic Valentine's day, spread the love, no matter your relationship status!

2 comments:

T-Ray said...

I enjoy Valentines Day too. Happy Valentines Day to you!

Carolyn Flynn said...

I love Valentine's day! Growing up my mom would host a family Red & White Dinner. It was always lots of fun.

Happy Valentine's Day!