Friday, September 9, 2011

September

Isn't fall the best season? It has the best fashion, delicious apples, great weather, and prep for Christmas (not to mention, my birthday).

Jon and I have been staying busy since my last blog post (sorry.. they have been so sporadic). Today I took a big, ugly, long exam of everything I learned my first year here at Loma Linda. That test has been weighing on my mind all summer long and I am soo glad it is over (or hopefully over, assuming I've passed).

The most exciting thing Jon and I have done in the last few weeks is going to Seattle with the Van Wickle's for his cousin's, Kaitlin, wedding. It was such a great trip and a beautiful wedding.

The three boys with their cousin- they have such a sweet relationship:


This wedding venue was perfect! Right on the lake, intimate, and of course perfect weather that day.


How cute is this chalkboard itinerary? All of the details were so well thought out.


Jon and I were so happy to be there- and Jon looks really good in Jake's sunglasses (pretty sure he wore them for half of the trip)


Ok, everywhere we went had these beautiful lakes, right on the property of whoever's home we were at. It was picture perfect.


Jon and I are so glad we got to go with the Van Wickle's, we had such a good time being on vacation with them. Including celebrating Jake's birthday, touring around Seattle, and going to a baseball game (I learned a lot from my father-in-law!).

As of right now, Jon is still hoping for some interviews for medical school. We haven't heard from very many schools so we are still hopeful. And I am seeing clients regularly, co-leading an anger management group, and as of today having NO school working looming over me! Tonight we are going to celebrate (date night of course), and tomorrow we are going to go to Universal Studios. Woot!

I hope fall proves once again to be a fun and fabulous season!

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

what a beautiful wedding! Glad things are going well for you. You definitely deserve this little break from everything, you busy bee! Can't wait to hear about Universal Studios.

Courtney said...

That is such a beautiful venue! And I LOVE your dress/skirt and blouse! Where did you get it? It sounds like you are having the time of your life. I'm sure fall will definitely be fun and fabulous. :)

(September is a great month to be born. That's when Clara's birthday is, too!)