This latest weekend trip to California was excellent. Jon got to come with me, and we celebrated his birthday while were there. It was perfect timing, perfect weather, and a really wonderful trip.
We managed to...
-see the ocean
-Jon went on a scenic bike ride
-lie on the hammock (my personal favorite)
-get sun burnt
-eat yummy food
-sing happy birthday to Jon
-get thrifty's ice cream (chocolate malted crunch rules)
-see our friends
-see many of our family members (best part!)
-wear shorts and sandals
-and we actually did homework this time
Overall, a complete success.
I also got the opportunity to interview with Santa Barbara Scholarship Foundation and Cal Poly.
Here are some of the things I loved about Cal Poly...
-beautiful area!
-so close to home
-people from a lot of different backgrounds in the program
-tuition
-2 quarters of training before traineeship
-on-site practicum for therapy
I am a little concerned about feeling like I fit in at this school- I love the people and Cal Poly itself. Perhaps it is just me not being used to the world outside of BYU. I am sure the Lord will guide me to where I can be influenced for good as well as do the most good.
So that is the status of things right now.
As fast and crazy as things feel, I still really cherish these moments. We are making our future. And while I would like to know what that future will look like, I am enjoying the process of getting there.
1 comment:
So relaxing. I'm jealous... oh how I miss California and the warm sun. Glad you guys had fun. :o)
Post a Comment