Friday, April 16, 2010

This Week's Adventures

It has been a great week...

First, last Sunday we went to Jessica and Daniel's open house /shower in Sandy. We were able to visit with the Utah-families, reconnect with cousins and see Grandma and Grandpa Tate.

These are my adorable cousins:


I like to title this picture "Engaged, Married & Pregnant"
And no, I am not the pregnant one. Congrats Lori!

Grandpa Tate has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, it is shocking and sad for the entire family. But he is still so sweet and loving. I am glad we got to see them this past weekend. When Grandpa came into the room he kissed Grandma, which was very cute. Also, when I was leaving he asked my name. I told him I was Rachel, but my middle name is Nadine (the first name of my Grandmother). He replied, "Ooh, just like my Nadine." I am glad he as moments where he is lucid and remembers the most important person in his life.

The best moment of the night is when one of the aunts said that we were also there to celebrate Grandma and Grandpa's 65th wedding anniversary (amazing, I know!). Grandpa said somewhat loudly, "no one tells me anything anymore." It gave us all a good laugh.

On Tuesday, the last day of class, Mark and Natalie were driving through Provo on their way down to Vegas. We were able to catch up with them, and Emilie and Nick and have dinner. It was so nice to see my BYU-Idaho friends since I wasn't able to make it to their graduation. We felt weird talking about the job market and health care at dinner. When did this happen?? I am so glad I made such good friends at BYU-I. Natalie and I:



After the dinner Jon and I headed to Salt Lake for our OK GO concert. They were soo good live. It was a fairly small venue, but was probably one of the best I've been in for a concert. Ok Go was great at interacting with the crowd and they were just downright fun.

They also played one of their songs on the hand bells. Amazing:



Jon and I wore our sweet Ok Go shirts to the work party the next day. We're kind of nerds, but I like us:



Finals week is in full swing, we have been studying and sleeping and studying and eating, etc. We will be done soon!

2 comments:

T-Ray said...

What a fun weekend. And how great that you got to be with family. Its the best isn't it?

Brandon and Bethany said...

Oh yay! I am so excited for you guys!